INFRAM+: Tactics vs Strategy
In part 1 of our three–part series, we look at the HIMSS Analytics Infrastructure Adoption Model (INFRAM) as a foundational building block. INFRAM is fast becoming the healthcare industry standard for evaluating a hospital or health system’s infrastructure stability and manageability in five key areas.
- Data Center
The resulting Baseline Achievement Report is just that, a baseline. INFRAM scores don’t provide a path to success but measure current state, offering generalized improvement suggestions from a purely tactical perspective. Outside the IT department, the analysis needs context, a strategic method for tying an INFRAM score to clinical workflows and process. It’s information that can be fundamental in gaining support for IT investment and other initiatives. That’s where INFRAM+ comes in.
Why you need INFRAM+
Developed by Pixel Health, INFRAM+ utilizes proprietary methodology to provide that all-important link between infrastructure and the doctors and nurses who rely on that technology every day. The result of the clinical mapping process is a document that:
- Empowers IT professionals to be a part of the care delivery team
- Provides clinicians with critical understanding and input into IT decision making
- Establishes a roadmap that helps maximize future technology investments
INFRAM+ prioritizes strategy, assuring the right technology is purchased for the right people at the right time.
When committing to the INFRAM+ process, IT leadership should expect a document that can lead to an in-depth transformational plan. The final report will:
- Identify high-level goals and reasons for initiating the INFRAM and Strategy Mapping process
- Explain/quantify/qualify the INFRAM assessment and Strategy Mapping process
- Identify themes/opportunities while measuring the results against organizational goals and industry best practice
- Gain invaluable clinical staff buy-in to IT strategic planning and address the goals of delivering the right care, at the right time, at the right cost, while improving the clinical experience in the process
In part two of our series, we’ll go in depth on the INFRAM+ process and show how the results are achieved without the heavy lifting associated with many IT assessment processes.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org